Information about assisting Australians overseas.
During Work Hours
Australians requiring advice or assistance from the Consulate-General may call or visit the Consulate-General during business hours from 8:30 to 5:00 Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays).
From 3 May 2016, the Australian Consulate-General Guangzhou will be taking appointments for passport and notarial services.
Appointments can be booked via https://acggz.setmore.com/.
12/F Development Centre
3 Linjiang Dadao, Zhujiang New City
Guangzhou 510623, PRC
Telephone: 86 20 3814 0111
Facsimile: 86 20 3814 0112
Guangzhou Consulate-General’s consular jurisdiction covers Guangdong, Guangxi, Hunan, Hainan and Fujian. If you require consular assistance outside of Guangzhou Consulate-General’s consular jurisdiction, you should contact the Embassy or Consulate nearest to you.
Please use the map below to determine who you should contact for consular assistance.
Afterhours Emergency Assistance
Outside of working hours you are able to contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's 24 hour Consular Operations Centre in Canberra.
You can contact the centre in the following ways:
• Contact the Consulate-General on (020) 3814 0111 and follow the instructions on the recorded message.
• Call toll free on 10 800 6100 264 (from landline)
• Call direct on +61 2 6261 3305 (from landline and mobile)
• Call via Telstra Direct reverse charge, dial 108610 and ask a Telstra operator to connect a collect call to +61 2 6261 3305 (this service will be disconnected effective 01 April 2018)
• Callers in Australia seeking information or requiring assistance with distressed relatives or friends in China should call the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's 24 hour Emergency Consular Assistance line on 1300 555 135.
Emergency Services in China
Traffic Accident Reports 122
Consumer Complaints 12315