AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE-GENERAL, GUANGZHOU
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND TRADE
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) section of the Australian Consulate-General Guangzhou has a vacancy for a locally engaged staff to fill the following position:
Administrative Assistant and Driver
This is a permanent position. Salary for this position will commence at RMB 5,515 (LE 2) per month. We also offer competitive conditions including 20-day annual leave entitlement in pro rata, 14-day public holidays, 37.5 working hours per week and commericial medical insurance plan.
Applications are invited from Chinese Nationals only. Successful applicant is required to register with the Service Office of Foreign Establishments, Guangdong Province (if not already) prior to commencing employment.
Please note that this position may involve occasional overnight travel and overtime work.
A duty statement and selection criteria for the position are attached. Your application must include:
· a statement of claims for the position separately addressing each of the selection criteria (2 pages maximum);
· curriculum vitae;
· a copy of current driver license and details of any traffic accidents infringements, and
· contact details of two work-related referees.
Referees should be from two different employers, where possible. Referees must also have been supervisors or managers, not peers. When providing referee details, please indicate whether the referee can speak fluent English, and ensure that:
· contact details are up-to-date and include both email and phone numbers; and
· the referee knows you have applied for the position.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. Guidelines for addressing selection criteria can be found on http://www.guangzhou.china.embassy.gov.au/gzho/RecruitEn1.html
Applications should be sent to:
Human Resources Department,
Australian Consulate-General Guangzhou,
12/F, Development Centre, No. 3 Linjiang Da Dao,
Zhujiang New Town, Guangzhou 510623
For inquiries regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources section on the above email address.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am, Monday 14 January 2019
Late applications will not be considered.
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
Under routine direction, the Administrative Assistant and Driver provides administrative support including coordination of transport services; logistics support and assists with the management of the Consulate drivers
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate the Consulate’s transport services, including vehicles, drivers and bookings
· Provide driving services to a range of staff and visitors, including the Consul-General
· Coordinate fuel cards for official vehicles and private consulate vehicles if required
· Maintain the transport database and manage records of transport usage including reviewing vehicle running sheets and reporting to the Accounts team on use of official vehicles and driver overtime for attached agencies
· Assist with coordination of transport and logistics (including contingency planning) for high level/VIP visits, Consul-General travel and Consulate events
· Oversee the procurement of locally available transport and stationary items
· Coordinate vehicle repairs and maintenance works and supervise contractors as necessary
· Coordinate and renew airport passes for Consulate staff
· Process incoming and outgoing mail and diplomatic bags
· Provide administrative support to the Property Manager including reconciling and preparing documents for VAT reimbursement and renewal of Chinese driver licenses for A-based staff, Diplomatic Licenses for LES and renewal of vehicle registration and insurance
· Assist with the coordination of inbound and outbound shipments for A-based staff and the Consulate
· Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate with LES, A-based and external stakeholders. Previous experience in a similar role (administration and transport coordination) is desirable Excellent spoken and written English and Mandarin skills with Cantonese highly desirable
· Demonstrated experience in the use of common computer applications, including finance and database systems
· A current unrestricted driver’s licence with a good driving record, and the ability to maintain such a licence. Demonstrated knowledge of Chinese traffic laws, GPS operation, local routes and congestion management is desirable