AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE-GENERAL, GUANGZHOU
DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION AND BORDER PROTECTION
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) section of the Australian Consulate-General Guangzhou has non-ongoing vacancies to fill the following positions.
Administrative Officer – Integrity / Client Service and Administration Officer
An order of merit may also be established to fill any other short or long-term vacancies that may arise in the next twelve months.
Applications are invited from Chinese Nationals. The successful applicants are required to register with the Service Office of Foreign Establishments, Guangdong Province (if not already) prior to commencing employment.
Salary for the positions will commence at RMB 5,347 (LE2) per month. We also offer competitive conditions including 20-day annual leave entitlement in pro rata, 14-day public holidays, commericial medical insurance plan and flexible working policy.
Please note the positions are initially for a period of 12 months only. The successful applicants may be offered a further 12 month contract and a subsequent permanent contract.
Duty statement and selection criteria are attached. Your application, written in English, must include:
- a statement of claims for the position separately addressing each of the selection criteria (2 pages maximum);
- curriculum vitae; and
- contact details of two work-related referees.
Referees should be from two different employers, where possible. Referees must also have been supervisors or managers, not peers. When providing referee details, please indicate whether the referee can speak fluent English, and ensure that:
- contact details are up-to-date and include both email and phone numbers; and
- the referee knows you have applied for the position.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria or do not contain the above documents will not be considered.
Guidelines for addressing selection criteria can be found on http://www.guangzhou.china.embassy.gov.au/gzho/RecruitEn1.html
Applications and general inquiries should be sent to:
Human Resources Department,
Australian Consulate-General Guangzhou,
12/F, Development Centre,
No. 3 Linjiang Da Dao,
Zhujiang New Town, Guangzhou 510623
Fax: +86 20 3814 0140
Please note that applications submitted via e-mail should be in either Word or PDF format with a maximum e-mail file size of less than 2 MB. The Human Resources Department will send out notification e-mails at the end of the closing day. Applicants who do not receive notification e-mails should confirm the delivery of their applications with the Human Resources Department.
For inquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources Department at the email address above.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am, Monday 21 August 2017
Late applications will not be considered.
About the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
DIBP is responsible for a diverse portfolio including managing migration, humanitarian and citizenship policy and programmes. It works to keep Australia secure through border management and facilitates travellers to enter Australia on a temporary or permanent basis. DIBP strives to make fair and reasonable decisions for people entering Australia, ensuring compliance with Australia’s immigration laws and integrity in decision-making.
About the positions
The successful applicant would be expected to rotate between existing positions at level, and any new positions at the same level created in the future. A brief description of the duties of each position is listed below.
Administrative Officer – Integrity
The position provides essential information to colleagues onshore and offshore to enable the visa processing officer’s decision making process to be easier, more accurate and effective against non-genuine and fraudulent visa activity.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- record and report on compliance and malpractice issues using a range of Departmental systems;
- enter non-compliance and fraud data into departmental systems;
- create local warning records; and
- provide administrative support to the Guangzhou Integrity Unit.
Client Service and Administration Officer
Against established policies and procedures, this position provides high quality service to a diverse range of clients and undertakes less complex administrative functions to support the work of DIBP.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- respond to routine client enquiries made by phone, email and at the counter; provide accurate, consistent and timely information; and escalate more sensitive and complex matters as necessary;
- apply an understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures to assess whether visa application validity requirements are met;
- manage the efficient receipt and registration of visa applications and associated documentation received within the office, returning documentation to clients and stakeholders as necessary;
- within policy guidelines and procedures, support effective file management within the Temporary Entry Unit and Permanent Entry Unit;
- provide administrative support and contribute to the operations of the DIBP office in Guangzhou; and
- contribute to continuous improvement of office work practices.
- Good written and oral English language skills and fluency in Mandarin. Sound ability to act as an interpreter and translator between these languages.
- Ability to make assessments and decisions based on legal requirements incorporating initiative and sound judgement.
- Well-developed communication and liaison skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgement. Well-developed problem solving skills and appropriate escalation of issues.
- Ability to work independently and under direction. Ability to maintain high work standards and meet deadlines.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer based software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and the capacity to work with DIBP computer systems.
- Ability to maintain productive working relationships with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds.